Explore Special Offers & White Papers from ADMIS

30Yr Treasury Bonds at Three-Week High


Stock index futures continued lower today in response to yesterday’s disappointing corporate earnings reports, especially in the retail sector.

Jobless claims in the week ended May 15 were 218,000 when 197,000 were expected.

The May Philadelphia Federal Reserve manufacturing index was 2.6 when 16.1 was anticipated. The index was 17.6 in April.

The 9:00 April existing homes sales report is estimated to show 5.65 million and the 9:00 April leading indicators report is predicted to show an increase of 0.1%.


The euro currency is higher on news that European Central bank policymakers expressed concerns over high inflation and agreed that a gradual normalization of monetary policy should continue, according to minutes from the last ECB meeting in April. The central bank also reinforced the idea that net asset purchases under the APP should be concluded in the third quarter.

Gains in the euro were limited by news that construction output in the euro area increased 3.3% year-on-year in March of 2022, easing from a downwardly revised 8.9% advance in the previous month. This was the softest rate of growth in construction activity since last December.

The British pound is higher on news that the Confederation of British Industry’s order book balance improved to 26 in May of 2022, matching previous records in March and November, from 14 in April.

The Japanese yen is higher despite news that Japan’s exports increased less than expected in April. Exports increased 12.5% from a year earlier in April, which compares to the 13.9% increase anticipated by economists.

The Australian dollar advanced on news that Australia’s unemployment rate in April came in at its lowest level since 1974.


The 30-year Treasury bond futures advanced to a three-week high.

Financial futures markets are predicting there is a 93.1% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will hike its fed funds rate by 50 basis points and a 6.9% probability that the  rate will increase by 75 basis points at the June 15 policy meeting.

The interest rate market futures appear to be making a bottom on the charts.

Risk Warning: Investments in Equities, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in any instrument, Futures, Options, Derivatives and Foreign Exchange can fluctuate in value. Investors should therefore be aware that they may not realise the initial amount invested and may incur additional liabilities. These investments may be subject to above average financial risk of loss. Investors should consider their financial circumstances, investment experience and if it is appropriate to invest. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.

ADM Investor Services International Limited, registered in England No. 2547805, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FRN 148474] and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 3rd Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AG.                  

A subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.

© 2021 ADM Investor Services International Limited.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from ADMIS

Get Started