Explore Special Offers & White Papers from ADMIS

Index Futures Higher on Limited News


Stock index futures are higher.

Federal Reserve Chair Powell will speak on Friday. Traders will be scrutinizing his comments for  clues on the central bank’s next policy steps.

The fundamentals are mostly bullish, while the technicals remain supportive to stock index futures.

Trading Candlestick Chart


The U.S. dollar index is higher.

Confidence in the euro zone economy improved in March. The euro zone sentiment indicator edged up to 96.3 in March from 95.5 in February, matching expectations.

Australian consumer price index inflation increased 3.4% year-on-year in February, which was slightly below expectations of 3.5% and remained steady from the prior month.

Bank of Japan Governor Ueda said he won’t rule out any options if economic and price developments worsen, including deploying tools that have already used.


The Treasury will auction seven-year notes today.

Federal Reserve Board Governor Christopher Waller will speak on the economic outlook before an Economic Club of New York reception at 5:00 PM. Waller tends to be a little more hawkish than others at the Federal Reserve.

Financial futures markets are predicting there is a 9.0% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will lower its fed funds rate by 25 basis points at the May 1 policy meeting, and there is a 91.0% chance that the Fed will keep rates unchanged.


Interested in more futures markets?  Explore our Market Dashboards here.

Risk Warning: Investments in Equities, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in any instrument, Futures, Options, Derivatives and Foreign Exchange can fluctuate in value. Investors should therefore be aware that they may not realise the initial amount invested and may incur additional liabilities. These investments may be subject to above average financial risk of loss. Investors should consider their financial circumstances, investment experience and if it is appropriate to invest. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.

ADM Investor Services International Limited, registered in England No. 2547805, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FRN 148474] and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 3rd Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AG.                  

A subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.

© 2021 ADM Investor Services International Limited.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from ADMIS

Get Started